Interesting research paper topics…Good ideas for a research paper…How to find a research paper topic...We bet you have typed those phrases in Google like million times already! And, nevertheless, you are still looking for an inspiration? Bookwormlab.com as always have a solution for you! We have searched ourselves pretty intensively and are more than willing to share our useful findings with you!
How to Get flash of Inspiration
- Remember the most important principle ever – select a topic that engages you! You should be interested in the research and enjoy working on your paper. If the topic is already given, try to relate it to your personal experience.
- Make sure the topic is neither too broad nor too narrow. And always keep in mind the rule #1! So, the topic should be strong and enjoyable both!
- Do some preliminary checking for potential sources of materials before deciding on your topic. The first scenario is when you discover that there’s not enough information available on your subject. Not to be left with nothing, you should chose a couple of possible topics from the very beginning. Thus you will be able to decide in favour of the research idea, which can be supported by plenty of material. The second posibble situation is when you find out that the recent research doesn’t support your idea and on the contrary points to the different direction. In this case it will be also of a big advantage to have a back-up variant.
- The last, but not the least – don’t forget to get approval from your instructor before you get down to research. This is kinda important!
Seems too familiar? Yeah, we are aware of that.
You have obviously tried all that stuff like talking to your instructor, reference librarian, classmates or friends, as well as going through course outline, scanning your textbook, consulting specialized encyclopedias, reference books, reading newspapers and listening to the news on TV or radio. So, here are other ways to come across some refreshing, and, moreover, suitable ideas for conducting an academic research:
- Look around yourself! It may sound like a stupid advice, but you’ll be surprised how many good research topics can be derived from your every day life, if you look carefully, of course.
- You can get some good ideas for research papers flowing from Google Trends and Twitter Trending Topics. Just follow the news feed and you might find stories that spark your interest.
- Check ezinearticles.com for topics to write about. You can look through the various articles and then choose a research area, which you are the most comfortable with.
- Go to www.constant-content.com for possible research ideas. Here too, there are various categories which, you scan through to find a topic of your choice. Go through the titles and see if it’s worth doing some research on.
- Check www.thefind.com/main/CategoryMap.fhtml to figure out product topics to write about. There are different categories, which can be found in the map, and all you have to do is click on a particular niche to get hot selling products related to that keyword.
- Get use of some topics genetors like these of Buzzle – www.buzzle.com/articles/research-paper-topics/ or Edu – www.lib.odu.edu/researchassistance/ideagenerator/.
- Browse through a database like CQ Electronic Libraryon library.buffalo.edu/. One section of this database offers extensive reports and articles on current and controversial issues.
Remember: Always chose to write about something interesting and that really matters to you! Just take your time to go through all those sources to make the best choice! Of course, don’t forget your Man Friday – Bookwormlab.com. Avail yourself of our and keep in mind that our creative writers are always there to give you a hand in formulating your research paper topic! Stay in touch! Sincerely, Bookwormlab.com team